Did you know that NWACS is a nonprofit, ALL volunteer organization dedicated to AAC Awareness and Education? We are always looking for members who want to be more involved in this mission! We know that every member of our AAC community brings a unique perspective to this mission and would love to invite each of you to be a bigger part of raising AAC awareness in our community through NWACS involvement. Whether it’s being a member of our NWACS board, helping on a committee for next year’s Fall Conference, or simply participating in social media conversations, every role you play - large or small - is a huge support to our Northwest AAC community. Here are a few ways to get involved today!
Join the Board
Our current NWACS board is a fun-loving group of AAC professionals (practicing and retired)! We gather on average once every 3 months to move NWACS projects forward and gradually plan our annual Fall Conference. Board involvement is a wonderful way to get more in touch with the workings of NWACS and to help move local and online AAC awareness and education projects forward. NWACS board membership does not take a huge time commitment and we are very flexible with distribution of roles and responsibilities to be sensitive to the time constraints of working professionals and families.
Board Positions We Are Currently Recruiting For:
- Take minutes at 3-4 board meetings for 2018
- “Triage” emails coming in to NWACS email box (volume is light)
- Maintain board roster
- Assist conference chair with distributing marketing and registration materials for annual conference
Social Media Assistant
- Participate in social media conversations on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Initiate social media discussions by posting on NWACS sites (photos, videos, written content, etc.)
- Help spread the word about NWACS on social media in target markets, such as other AAC- and SLP-related pages
Fall Conference 2018 Planning Committee
- Brainstorm potential speakers and topics
- Meet 3-4 times in 2018 to discuss conference planning and be a part of email conversations regarding conference planning
- Assist on conference day at CEU table, registration table, or with door/raffle prizes (does not interfere with full attendance at workshop if you desire to attend)
- Assist in promoting the conference on social media and local venues
Other Ways to Get Involved
Be a Guest Blogger
- Contribute an original blog post on an AAC related topic (once per quarter or more frequently)
Host a Networking Event in Your Area
Facilitate a Facebook Chat or Workshop on an AAC Topic
Want to get involved? Contact us to learn more or to volunteer for a role.
Do you have a project or event idea that would help move forward the AAC mission in our Northwest community? Share it in the comments below!