Emergent Reading, Writing, AAC and Apps!
Come to beautiful Phoenix for three days of learning, sharing and FUN! The focus will be on language and emergent literacy development for students with significant disabilities who use Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC).
This conference will target how to facilitate students’ active engagement in classroom instruction. Topics will include:
• Integrating language development into every subject and activity with a rich aided language environment
• Implementing shared and guided reading activities while integrating AAC
• Developing activities/lessons that foster emergent writing and phonological awareness
• Supporting instruction in a range of classroom settings
• Selecting informal assessments & IEP goals